Greetings to my lovely chilluns and grand chilluns. Thought I should give an update on the happenings amongst the oldies.
First of all the job is going well. The heat is a little wild but with a lot of water and a soaking sweat rag we are getting through it. I have my official uniform complete with cap and static dissipating shoes. Not sure if we can afford not to buy my own work clothes anymore. There are some hazards however. Dogs are somewhat of a concern but so far they have been friendly. We do carry doggy treats for those who might want a bite of something. Another hazard is wasps. They love to build their nests in the hoods covering the valves of the propane tanks. I have not been so fortunate in this case. On thursday I flipped open a hood and a swarm of wasps came boiling out. Unfortunately the homeowner was sitting about 20 feet away so I deemed it unmanly to go running and screaming like a little girl so I took it like a man. I got stung on the forearm which did not endear the little creatures to me. Up until then I figured if they left me alone I would leave them alone. Now the kid gloves are off and the battle is on. From now on I will approach each hood with "RAID" wasp and hornet getter. Just to get in practice I bought some on Saturday and commenced the battle on several nests around our yard(I had no idea we had so many nests right here). So armed with my Raid and my O fficial uniform I am unstoppable.
This weekend is the Bayles reunion which with your Mom running off to Portland, won't be so much fun. Hopefully Andrea and Keiryn can go out on Saturday. Any of you are welcome as well. I guess that is all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So feel free to come practice your wasp-killing skills at our place. I'm sure we could provide a great deal of experience for you.
I hope you have a great time at the reunion. I do wish I could come, but you know how it goes. Sure do love you both!
Post a Comment