I wanted to let everybody know that my first pack meeting went really well. All the boys showed up, and only one set of parents was missing! For a first go-round, I couldn't have asked for more. Everybody seems excited about getting started with cub scouting so we'll see where it goes. Hail the Almighty Cubmaster!!!
In other news, Jed Tate called me this week and asked me to be the camp program director this year since Scott Boyle won't be able to make it, and I said yes!! I'm pretty scared, but Ali was more than willing to push me into more responsibility, so here we go. The good news is that although I won't be able to teach a merit badge this year because of it, Ali's dad and her brother Craig are coming to camp, so she can hang around them during the day. We're really excited about it and hope that Granna and Grandad will let us impose upon their hospitality again this year. With the way my work's going, it might be the only time we get to see you ( too bad we have to have an excuse like scout camp just to get down there, huh?).
But anyway, this post is getting way too long. But we also wanted to let Tom and Nancy know that we found out there is a Baskin Robbins really close to our house, so next time you come visit we'll take you there for a treat! Wahoo!
2 comments:
Hail, the mighty blogger! Shanksh for yet another post! I loved reading it. Congrats on being scout camp director. Sounds scary to me, but you'll do great.
Yea for Baskin Robbins! The one we went to that time actually wasn't very good anyway, so we'll have to try yours! Hooray!
We'll look forward to seeing you at camp. You'll do great and I'm sure the boys will all have an enjoyable experience.
Post a Comment